Monday, July 2, 2012

Daddy Being Daddy

So the whole idea of Daddy Being Daddy actually came from my son J's teacher. When my wife and I picked him up last week on his last day at school, she mentioned that J was going to be in "Daddy Daycare" for the summer -- aka me. The teacher either didn't hear her or ignored the comment and instead said, "That's great! It's always nice when daddy can be daddy."

So, there it is. This summer, I'm daddy being daddy. I like that idea. It's not that I'm doing anything [that should seem] out of the ordinary. I'm just being daddy.

J and I are going to have some fun this summer. Museums, farms, playgrounds, and more. And so I'm going to try to blog about it. I may not write a post each day, but whenever I can, I want to chronicle what it means for me to just be daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment