Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 5 -- Free Friday FAIL

So the idea for today was to take J to the zoo. I mean, what kid doesn't like the zoo? (ok, really it was for me too. I'm a total sucker for zoos). And today was a free fun Friday too!

Unfortunately, it seems as if the entire Eastern Seaboard felt the same way. The place was PACKED. The parking lot was full, and in the short amount of time it took me to ask for directions to the other lot (conveniently located in Canada it seemed) all my hard work to keep J awake collapsed and he fell asleep.

My wife and I used to live in the DC area, and I miss the National Zoo. It's always free, and because of that, it's never too crowded...always full but not crowded. I like the idea of free zoos. Do you want kids to learn about animals? Make it easy to come, not difficult.

Anyway, we went to a nice playground and then met up with Mommy in the town center. The playground was a blast (J's quote: "It's a fun playground because there are lots and lots of swings!") and they were doing construction in the center of town, which meant a dump truck and a backhoe loader digging up the road. J was in truck heaven!

Overall, J didn't seem to mind missing the zoo as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment